PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Bucket List Begins

Well today is the day that Lon has FINALLY turned 30. After months of planning a surprise party,trying to figure out a mini vaca to take and picking out presents ( which by the way..I totally rock at gift/card giving) .. the day has arrived. Now I have been thinking this whole time that he is stressing about being 30..but let me tell you..it is way more stressful to be the planner, and i will be happy to go back to my usual stresses of work and school. We decided to stay the night in Ormond Beach at a completely and totally serene Hotel that not only has crazy modern decor, but plays slightly awkward indian aromatherapy music by the pool deck while random girls talking about converting their possible love prospects in to greek orthodox enthusiasts. Dinner would be the most eventful part of this trip thus far though. Hibachi...not my taste..as you get to know me you will quickly find out that food is not my thing and my Bucket List will consist of very little adventures surrounding cooking/eating. We were placed at a table by ourselves ( mind you this table fits about 20 people) while we had rice tossed in to our mouths (which Lon almost choked and died on..Happy 30th right?) and I reluctantly tried a piece of Sushi. Thankfully I did not spit it all over the table and Lon did not die via rice. To conclude this landmark in Lon's life, we have Japanese lanterns that you light on fire and send them soaring in to the night sky that will be set off tonight while we comb the beach for baby sea turtles. All in all I would say this day has been a success, and thankfully I can scratch elaborate Dirty Thirty celebrations...off of my Bucket List.

No comments:

Post a Comment