PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 17, 2012

Prosit, Prosit, Prosit!

Bavarian FunFest. First of all, any excuse to make a trip home (Pittsburgh) is a good enough excuse for me, but this time was the greatest excuse of all. Funfest hasn't been held for 20 years ago, but this year they decided to bring it back and see what the younger generations would make of it. Now let me tell you, I was warned about drinking, dancing and down right genuine authenticity, and that's exactly what I got ( minus the dancing on my part, just not having it). There were dozens of food stands, giant tents filled will folk music and polka dancing, and yes my favorite..CRAFTS! But after 5 days of meeting more people then I knew what to do with (honestly by the end of the week I was hugging everyone just because I wasn't sure if I had met them or not) and more rich and greasy food than anyone should consume in that short amount of time, I was tired and about 5lbs heavier (well maybe 10, lets be honest, I am still in denial).  I cannot deny however, that FunFest was an experience, and one that I hope to enjoy next year and lets face it, anything that involves my boyfriend's dad singing Polka music in the car, is good by me.
                           Now I stayed in PA for another few days after the Bavarian Fun Fest ended, and if you can imagine a place on the water, with great company that is surrounded by wineries..that is how I ended my vacation. The cottage on the Lake Erie might possibly be one of the best places on earth and to add to it, I drug Lon on a chartered fishing trip at 5am to catch fish that I refused to touch, all the while I won the biggest fish contest and about 30 bucks! Funfest and the Cottage..combined..they make for an excellent vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment