PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 22, 2012

MorphStore.com


MorphStore.com hosts our Halloween Party at Adobe's every year and provides us with some of the greatest costumes you will see in Orlando. The guys that head up Morphstore travel world wide teaching people how to use prosthetic make up like to transform people in to the creatures that you see above and also have done work on movies like Avatar and Pirates of the Caribbean (cool right?) Now every once in awhile after a "workshop" that they teach, they wander in to Adobes with their creations and scare all of our customers. I on the other hand am a huge fan of horror and sci-fi so when these people come in for dinner, I take full advantage of taking pictures and asking questions. I am not sure if I am crazy of not but they have asked me to model for their workshops, which involves me standing still for hours, half naked in a room full of people painting me from head to toe, and I am considering it! How many people get the oppurtunity to be turned in to a hellish monster for a day!? I am not even sure that I am THAT excited to be painted, but more so to be a part of what these guys are doing with technology and make-up..and it helps that they have worked with Johnny Depp (which coincidentally I met Johnny Depps sister yesterday..who knew my life was so exciting?) I just can't help but be alittle excited about an oppurtunity to work with such talented people. If nothing else though, and I can't find the courage to actually BE the model, then I will just take one their course and learn to paint other people..its a win, win! For now though, I will stick to the little bit of creature painting knowledge that I do have (stay tuned for halloween Zombie pictures to come, created by yours truly) and hopefully get more involved with MorphStore one of the days..and who knows, maybe I have a new career path in front of me, or just another hobby to add to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment