PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

O' Georgia


A road trip to anywhere new is always fun, but this trip was extra special. A very good friend of mine (Krystle) has NEVER left the state of Florida. Insane right!? Now I am no world class traveler, but I took it upon myself to ensure that Krystle left the state of Florida ASAP. Well actually it took me about a year after I promised her this trip...BUT we made it! Side note: Its different temperatures in different states. who knew? Needless to say I did not pack for 40 degree weather, so walking the streets of savannah at night was no bueno. Regardless, we had a great time, Krystle can officially say she has been to another state and I can check off yet another city off of my bucket list of adventures. Oh, and who knew that Savannah was a punk rock city? News to me! We stuck out like a sour thumb with our pretty brown knee high boots and cardigans, while everyone else looked like they robbed the local leather and metal shops. P.s. If you are from Savannah and you are reading this, this is not a dig at the interesting culture of Savannah, just a mere observation about the unusual style that exists. Georgia is a great state though, and anyone that jokes that it is just an extension of Florida, is full of it. Great trip, Great company and a night to be away from our every day life. I'd say it was a success.

  

Nextly, I am officially pursuing my certification for SCUBA diving! (with the help of my boyfriend and his wonderful Christmas presents) and I am have agreed to run a half marathon in the fall. I must be crazy! I am paying to run through the streets of Florida as if that sounds like a joyous time. Lets hope I survive round two of my brother in laws insane fitness plans. Cheers to new adventures and a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment